Thursday, April 15, 2010

A "Phindy's Place" challenge






It is the "first Friday" of "Phindy's " challenge blog with A LOT more Friday challenges to come! To start out, the new DT has decided to make this an "anything goes" with a Phindy image challenge! I chose this wonderful image called "softball girl". Can you just imagine...trying to pic a favorite Phindy image??? too hard for this girl! So....I simply HAD to pic this little softball girl cuz she reminded me sooooo much of my one dd when she was little! She played baseball, volleyball and basketball thru her school years and because she was this little tiny girl her whole life she always had to work her tail off! The little blond braids just got to me! I used my copics to color this up: G40,82- outfit+ Y21 and E33 hair+ T3- spikes with a little brown. Dp is BG and I used a few EK punches. Be sure to check out the other dt member's cards on their blogs! (links on my side bar) Phindy will be giving out some great blog candy too!!! Have a GREAT weekend! :)

18 comments:

Tammy said...

This card is just adorable, Jane!! I love the DP and I really love how you did the little piece in back of your image. AWESOME!!! Oh, and this should go without saying....great coloring!!

Stef H said...

oh she's adorable. love the cloud of dust at her feet! fabulous!!!!!

Annika said...

Love the colouring and I think the way you have cut out and placed the sentiments is real cool. Love it!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Annika said...

And when (note: not saying "if" here) you get to west of Ireland I won't HEAR of any stupid hotels or such nonsense, capische???
Annika

Ann English said...

She's just wonderful! What a great card-love the details you've added, too!

Darlene said...

This is awesome Jane and the little story behind your choice is precious! Your coloring is amazing ... love this little creation!!

mycardz said...

Awwwww. Don't you wish we could go back to those days when they were younger sometimes? I really enjoyed my kids back then and it was so nice to have them around more! :) Your card is awesome Lady Jane, and that sentiment is sooooooo perfect! I love it! hugz, Mary

Anne said...

This is just so cute Jane! Lovely colours and texture, it's scary trying to keep up to the standard you guys are setting for creating!

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, i love your card and the image is just so sweet! beautiful colouring...your shading is awesome!
have a fab weekend hunny
love emma xxx

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow Jane, this is just amazing! Love the coloring and the embossing you did.

Anne-Marije said...

What a lovely card!
xxx Anne-Marije

Kathy Jones said...

Jane I LOVE this!!!! I'm a softball girl so this TOTALLY appeals to me!! What a gorgeous image and your colouring, as always is stunning!!! :)

Sylvia Blum said...

Oh Jane this is an awesome card! love the papers and of course I love the image, too! And your coloring is really great!
{hugs} Sylvia

Lynda Nielsen said...

Soooooooooo totally awesome! I would have never thought to use this adorable image this way! You're so creative! I Love all the added details on this and your coloring... Superb!
Hugs
Lynda

Anonymous said...

this is terrific Jane! Love your coloring and how you created the dirt "puffs"! She is so CUTE! I'm not getting an email again that you have new posts! boo! will you check your delivery options and see what it's set on? or the subscription list and see what it says about me...maybe i need to change to a different email address. Weird because I get lots of others. THANKS!
Pam Going Postal

Vicki G said...

Jane, I love the colours that you have chosen here! Just perfect and that image is the cutest!

Hugs

Vicki

Patty said...

I love all the little nature patterns in this project!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Your shading is amazing!