Monday, April 12, 2010

The Holy Spirit...by Our Daily Bread designs

note: traditional colors for Roman Catholic Confirmation are Red, Gold and white- therefore=
Most people that know me- know I work at my church. I am the director of Religious Ed there and I really LOVE the children. I live in a small country township and that makes our church all the more special. The grade 9 class is making their Confirmation this Thurs eve and I always make cards for the Bishop and his helpers. Kelley, owner of Our Daily Bread lives in my town and was generous enough to give me this set called appropriately "Confirmation" and this beautiful dp (Flair I think) to make the cards this year. I also purchased this SB die to make the book cut. I really love how beautiful these came out with just pulling together these few simple things! I believe it is the simple beauty of "God's Word" that makes the card so awesome! Okay! Enough of my preaching! thanks for looking!

11 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Oh I love these! PERFECT for confirmation and the verse is awesome. Love the ribbons too. Reminds me of the liturgical stoles and colors! ( ex Roman Catholic nun here :)

Marlene said...

Beautiful cards!

RosesMarijke said...

Very beautiful Jane

Blessings!!
xxMarijke

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Jane!! Just PERFECT!!!

mycardz said...

Wow, Lady Jane! These ARE just perfect! What an awesome job and what an awesome lady you are! :) hugz, Mary

Tammy said...

WOW...this card is absolutely stunning!!! That book die is so perfect. So gorgeous!!!!

Julia Aston said...

What lovely cards for a confirmation - that verse is wonderful and your book die cut and colors make a perfect card for the occasion! Thanks for coming by my blog - I enjoyed finding yours!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh These are beautiful Jane!! I just love the SB die you used and the border along the bottom!! Perfect!! Glad to see your take on an ODBD card GF!! Perfect for confirmation!!
hugs,
Chris

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Oh, Jane........this absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

WOW Jane! This is perfect! You tied everything in - all the elements, design! Wonderful! I have this Nestability set and now I can see lots of potential! I bought it because some other friends bought it! lol Enablers we!!! lol TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Ann English said...

What a treasure---I would imagine these kids will press this in the pages of their Bibles.