Friday, July 8, 2011

A little tribute....

I had decided to try a one layer card...never made one before.  I used this bg dp=out of print and stamped with this "moon garden" Stampotique" stamp.


 This past June my dd and I took a quick trip out to New Mexico to visit with my sister and her husband....A guy who had his share of grief and knocks in life....but a VERY nice guy with a VERY big heart.....He died this afternoon...age 49 ...leaving my baby sister a widow at age 47....what can I say...my heart is aching...
As I post this card I wonder if he is "up there" watching us all...did he get to meet my mom??...who came to get him??...will my sister ever recover??...thanks for letting me indulge in this post....

Vint...love you and miss you .... you are wearing that stupid hat...you were soooo loved in spite of everything you went thru....A talented artist ,
a husband that loved his wife, A lover of animals and gardening....God Bless...your misery is over now...

15 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Jane: big hugs to you & your family on the loss of your brother-in-law, how sad!!!

CarlaKH said...

So sorry....just heartbreaking...sending you and all the family esp your sister all good wishes and peace...

Gez Butterworth said...

Sending you as many cyber ((hugs)) as you can imagine.xxx My heart goes out to your family. Take care Jane. Your card is beautiful.xx

Chrisd said...

My sympathy to your entire family on the death of your brother in law.

Lori said...

So sorry for your loss Jane. Hugs to you and your family.

Linda said...

It is so sad when we loose someone we love and at a young age. Time will calm your heart but it does take time. Be happy in the thought that now Vint knows all the secrets and be happy for him. Your card is wonderful and it reminds me of the sentiment. Maybe they are not stars but the love of loved ones shining down on us. Or something like that. It is my favorite. I should remember but 58 yr old brain has too much clutter. LOL
Hugs to you and your family,
Linda

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Jane, I'm so sorry for your sad news. He was so young, too.I'll be praying for you and your sister. Hugs,

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you and your family..

Hugs, Linda

Linda McClain said...

Jane, I'm so sorry. Sending hugs!

Gini said...

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. A big {{{{{hug}}}} for you and your family and your dear sister.
Gini
xx

Pam Sparks said...

My heart goes out to you and yours Jane!

super cute image - you are always so creative... praying that stamping/creating will help you through this time.

Marlene said...

My heart goes out to you and your sister, especially. My sister will soon be dealing with the same thing with her terminally ill long-term boyfriend. So sad.

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love the background you have created!! HUgs Juls

Cat said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs

Valerie said...

So sorry about your loss Jane - what a lovely tribute. Lost my SIL last summer and still can hardly believe it.