Monday, May 20, 2013

gelli printing

Had some time to pull out my new gelli plate again..
So, with that I am "rolling off" my brayer in one of my art journals.  I couldnt just leave that paint on the pages! :)  I did some cutting from magazines, doodling and printing to finish off the pages..
I think I will be doing more of this..as if the gelli printing wasnt fun enough on its own..this is soooo relaxing! By the way, who doesnt love to cut images from magazines??

The weather here has been gorgeous and I was sitting on my patio with my dogs cutting magazines listening to the "quiet" and the birds.. tfl!
Hooking up with: "Inspire Me Monday", "Make it Monday", "Creative Every Day"  
AND ofcourse "Gelli Queen" Carolyn Dube"s gelli printing all month! at "A Colorful Journey. 
 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, wow this looks just stunning! It sort of tells a story, I really like the way you did this. Hugs Frea

Faye said...

Fabulous Art and colors Jane. Visiting from MIM. Faye

Lillibelle said...

Great und really funny!

Karin said...

THIS LOOKS FABULOUS!!
groetjes Karin

sheila 77 said...

Gelli plate and magazine cut-outs, this is too much fun. Love both of these, especially the penguins.

loz said...

Fantastic Artwork and images Jane.. I saw this on MIM and came for a look..Loz

france papillon said...

gorgeous spreads hon!
but i'm not sure which part is making me the most jealous:
you're talented playing with the gelli's, the harmonious magazine embellies, the gorgeous weather you're having or the patio to sit in...? i'll take it all! ;)))

xx
france

Sandy said...

Fab art work. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

Shahrul Niza said...

Ohh yes, please!!!. What an inspiring idea to use magazine cutouts over gelli-plates!!. These are lively, cheerful, playful pages!. HUGS.

Carolyn Dube said...

Love the combination of magazines and gelli printing! The different sizes of people are just FUN! Took me a bit to find your post- Mr. Linky was mischievous and sent me to the wrong post. I'd love for everyone to see your journal page- feel free to link up again to the party!

Juls said...

Such fun pages!! Hugs Juls

Michelle O'Connor said...

Another fabulously visually interesting piece! I love the penguims and the people to the right! Your work is an inspiration!!