Monday, May 13, 2013

A little of this and that :)

So, Happy Mother's day..one day late!  Mine was incredible along with the whole weekend!  My youngest graduating from college and a visit with my first grand child...what could be better then that?  We had a LONG car ride...the result..some doodling with my inktense pencils in the car..a challenge :)
Below,
I had started a page at home in my water color moleskin with gesso over some ephemra, lettering practice  scraps and acrylics.  I stamped birdy bonnets   and cut them out after coloring  and stenciled the window on (windows and doors stencil) then just finished the whole thing up in the car doodling away! 




The wonderful water color looking flower was cut out from a greeting card someone gave me :) Love it and couldnt part with it!  (leaves image also from Stampotique).
Now..you know I just have to show you my "baby son" in his grad outfit...

 This is the youngest of four graduating college...Belmont Abbey in North Carolina.  I am so incredibly proud of him..played baseball with a scholarship for two years here/ home after high school..then "walked on" at this division II school and made the golf team.  He has accomplished quite a bit and was even on the honor roll.  If you knew how worried I was "back in the day"..reading to him.. even thru junior high school..I wasnt sure how things would turn out.  This kid is my HEART......  Thanks for letting this pathetic mom share..  :)  I am truly blessed...  

8 comments:

Karin said...

Gorgeous colored tags, working in the car works well for you, haha, and the journal pages look great too, love the stamps and the colors! Congratulations with your son, i can imagine that you are proud!
Groetjes karin

Alex said...

First of all congrats to the graduation of you son!

I love the tags a lot, they are so colourful! Adorable!

Also your page turned out very beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tags and journal pages Jane! I don't know if I could work in the car. I get sick if I read. Maybe I'll try on my trip to the beach this year.

Anonymous said...

oh happy day! congrats to the mom and the son... to the whole family! So glad you got to be there and get a grandma fix at the same time! Fabulous pages Jane! You are so awesome at this journaling! Amazing! love it!

Kay Wallace said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Jane (and I am TWO days late)! And congratulations are due to both your youngest son and the whole family, because I believe education is a family thing!! Great color in all your art, Jane! I love your style and also love your mentoring! Mwah!

Unknown said...

I am so happy you had a happy Happy Mothers day.. And congrats to your son. I can tell you are one proud mom..

And you know I love your art.. Lots of fun color going on..

Hugs~

MarveLes Art Studios said...

congratulations! {love the purple iris and all of that page, specially!} beautiful!

Juls said...

great page!! Hugs Juls