Saturday, August 25, 2012

Weekend art journal and a Viking girl :)

Its Saturday AGAIN :)...busy busy!  Baby son is back at college :(  and time is flying once again.  Why do they drive you nuts at home then you miss them like crazy when they leave??..    Thinking of the last days of summer I made this art journal page in my little book.
Okay...so this was my first attempt with my watercolors!  I had these purple flowers floating around in my head and I just fenced them in with a black sharpie.  The bigger flowers were  hand cut from some painty scraps.  I used Julie Balzers' cloud stencil, some gesso thru sequin waste and some magz cut-outs.  The sun is ofcourse "sun design" image from Stampotique.  I am adding this to: Art journal everyday, and Artists in blogland.
  Next is my "Viking girl" tag (image from Roc Nicholas) .  She was paper pieced, colored with copics and put on an inked up tag.  I have also used "sun design" and "squiggle arms".  Inks are Dylusions and Adirondack color wash sprays. Did a little sewing to finish it up!  TFL and hope you are enjoying a pleasant weekend....

16 comments:

Shahrul Niza said...

I HAVE NO WORDS!.LOL. Jane, you are amazing!. I want to live here on your pages. It's such a paradise of lovely things to see, fresh air, beautiful forest in the background and funky doodled rocks on the foreground. And of course happy playful friends to be met!. My favorite page this week!. Hugs.

Hearts Turned said...

LOVE your journaling, Jane! Great pages on the end of summer...and your Viking tag is adorable!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Julie

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Jane,
I really like your journaling page, and I'm smitten with your Viking girl tag. I go gaga over tags...I love working with a small area.
Maureen

Unknown said...

Ohhh.. I love this. What an amazing page. Such bright and fun colors, They definitely say summer.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

I forgot to say how much I loved your tag. Looks fabulous.

Hugs~

Linda said...

I just love your art Jane. These are both wonderful. Your journal page just make me Happy So does the tag. So much fun.

Lynn Stevens said...

Seeing your FUN pages just makes me want to start journaling!

I know what you mean about the kids leaving home. I miss my baby too :0(
hugs Lynn

Mary M. said...

Totally Amazing!!

Gini said...

Oh love your viking girl tag, she's beautifully paper pieced by your good self. The sewing sets it off beautifully :-)

My boys are on their last week at home before school starts for autumn, I shall be sad too :-(

Gini
xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

There's such a wonderful sense of vibrancy and aliveness in these terrific pieces. Love the bubble wrap stamping - that's always such a super fun technique!

♥ Jessica

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous artwork Jane ♥♥♥

I am dreading my daughter going away to Uni in September, it's her first time away and she won't be home 'til Christmas :o(

Sending you huge, huge cyber ((hugs))

Gex xxx

Anonymous said...

Love your tag and journal page. I just bought that cloud stencil--I like how you used it as well as the watercolored flowers. That's a technique I'd like to try more often!

Unknown said...

Great pages and tag. My daughter just left for her senior year of college. Where did the time go? Visiting from AIB. xo

Hadiyah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the whimsical feel of your work. It makes me feel happy. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Wow, love it Jane. You inspire me.