Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SDC61= alter something!

Happy Wednesday!  New challenges startin up with the new dt at the Stampotique challenge blog and new rules. :0  Check it out cuz I think you will be pleasantly suprised. Hostess : Polly Bennett is asking us to "alter it".  This was A LOT of fun!  Take note:  there was also A LOT  of canvas projects at CHA Chicago this summer.  :)
ONE of our new dt members is Sarinda Jones...awesome inspiration at her blog...She is a multi talented artist too.  She did a tutorial on her blog showing  how she painted a canvas bag for her mother in law .  I decided I would case hers for my niece who loves the Daniel Torrente images at Stampotique.
This was done with Faber castells (gelatos), modeling paste, flowers, ribbon, canvas and lace and just about anything you wish.   I made a vow that I would only use what I had lying around my "art room" with the exception of the canvas bag (1.00 from the lcs).  The flowers were actually picked up a while back when my lcs was marking them down for .50 cents a piece . :)
Stamps used:  "beauty verse" #3056, "carrot" #6092, "gobby lin" #6116, "Minky girl" #6125 and "gog lin" #6118, "bla bla bla" #6001 and "sun design" . The leaves are modeling paste pushed thru a cheap stencil I found at the lcs for .25 cents :)  She really likes it and I am already thinking of ideas for one for myself! 
I would also like to link up to "paint party Friday" TFL!


14 comments:

roc said...

love the tote!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh how I loooooooooove this!! Such a fab idea. Now off to check out Sarinda's tutorial! :-)

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wowzer, stunning piece. x

Art From The heart said...

Love this Jane,great colors too !
Hugs

Maria Sabina R. said...

chic bag !

Shahrul Niza said...

Beautiful tote!!. Now I know gelatos stay on fabric LOL. DO you need fixative for it?. TFS, Jane!.

Celestial Charms said...

What an adorable tote. Love the vast aray of colors.
Maureen

Basement Stamper said...

Great canvas tote, love all the flowers.

france papillon said...

what a great idea to do a tote and the result is so cute!

france xx

Unknown said...

What a super cute tote. LOVE the yummy colors. I see that you used gelatos. I still have not bought some of those. I would love to give them a try.. Hope you are having a happy week my friend.

Hugs~

Sue said...

Wow Jane this is gorgeous, I love thes colours and your fab stenciling x

Reflective Art Studio said...

I agree Darling Jane. It is stunning. SO glad you had fun with it and are on to ideas to make yourself one. Yeah for that. I would love to see images when you are done.
xx
Sarinda

Anonymous said...

This is soooooo awesome Jane and I love the colors!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jane,
Just popped over for a visit as we are swapping tags this month. Really like this bag you have altered. Got my creative jucies flowing now as I have a canvas bag I stenciled with butterflies whilst doing a quick art shop at the NEC one yr. Never completed doing anything with it but have loads of inspiration after seeing yours! Hugs ValeryAnne (aka Mrs A. )