Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Copic Creations Blog Challenge..Using Copics and Colored pencils



Here is my card for the new COPIC CREATIONS challenge! This is sooo cool and if you have NOT tried it yet...now is the time! On MY card I went back with a WHITE Prism pencil and colored in spots that I thought needed to be lightened. How cool that you can do this with these pencils on Copics AFTER you color your image! Check out this cool tutorial over at Marianne Walker's site for more info! Dont forget to look at ALL the marvelous creations from the dt over at the blog too! I used MANY Copics and hope I listed them all here. This is a super great way to do more with your Copic markers if you dont have too many yet! I am wishing for more! BTW..Our sponsor this mid month is Janlynn and this adorable fairy is called "Lavender Flower fairy". She is among MANY gorgeous fairies over at Janlynn!


Copics used..Y21, E31 hair-flowers..V12,Y11 and Y21-wings...V12, BV00 and BV02 same for skirt..blouse- B00 and B02....grass is BG93 and I think G00, G02...butterflies add a little RV06.


I added the white pencil on the wings and bottom of the skirt. Oh, and the little bow flower was a RAK from Chris over at Twinkles Glow with Stamps. TFL! Again..this is a great way to stretch the use of your Copics. :)

20 comments:

Cheryl said...

Fab card , Love your colouring , and I like the yellow circle bit in the background . How did you do that ? It looks airbrushed . Makes it seem like the sun is beaming down on the fairy . Super cute :)
Cheryl

Judy Rozema said...

What a totally awesome card, Jane!!! You are really getting to be an expert with those Copics! I have a lot now, but can't figure them out yet. Gotta watch some tutorials!

Kelley said...

This is strikingly beautiful! Love all the sparkle and the popped up flower!

Jodi said...

OH WOW! This is just so pretty! I love the colors and the papers you chose for it!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Jane!! Love all the sparkle and your gorgeous coloring!! Beautiful fairy.
hugs,
Chris

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Jane, this turned out so, so pretty. What a gorgeous fairy image and you did a fabulous job coloring her and her surroundings. This is a beautiful card for sure.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Stunning Jane! I love your coloring and all the sparkles on her--just fabulous!

hugz,
Suzanne

RosesMarijke said...

Oooooh what a gorgeous card Jane

Really beautiful!!

mycardz said...

Wowzers Jane! Your little adorable fairy is sooooo GORGEOUS!! You really brought her to life! The colors you used are amazing together. Awesome job, as always!!!! hugz, Mary

Laurie said...

Jane - Fabulous card! Wow...I'm sure it looked good before you added the pencil, but I love the effect! Who knew it could look better? Thanks for the heads up on Marianne's tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane - love your fairy! She's so pretty in her dress! Love your coloring, color choices and the added pencil work!
Pam Going Postal

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous fairy image with perfect coloring and just the right amount of sparkle!

Susan said...

What a beautiful card Jane!

Cheryl said...

You did a really beautiful joab with this challenge! Loe your coloring and choice of colors!

Lenoria said...

I love this card! I made my daughter's BD card this year with this stamp and made her a blonde too (as is my daughter). I don't have Copics but I love your colors and your card is wonderful.

Angella D. Crockett said...

GASP!!! This is freakin' fantastic!!!! Girl, you totally rocked my world with your coloring on this!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

... a tiny angel robed in lavendar, so very pretty.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! This is STUNNING!!! My goodness your colouring is out of this world!!!! I need to take lessons from you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have found it on this website called [url=http://tipswift.com]tip swift[/url]. You can find it there.
cheers
edit: wrong post

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your blog just now via google.

Anyways, I was curious if you would be interested in a 3 way link exchange. The result of this
exchange would be more people viewing your blog .

All you need to do is link back to my website http://new-hiphop-songs.com with the anchor text "New Hip Hop Songs"
and send me a email at brandonschlichter@gmail.com with confirmation.

Once I get this, I'll link to your blog from another one of my websites. This will benefit both our websites,
and avoid any penalties from a link exchange.

By the way, I love your blog!