Saturday, May 30, 2009

NEW Copic Creations challenge for June 1st! Gina K. "Friendship Blooms"










Here are my TWO cards...yes TWO for the new challenge over at Copic Creations. We are using Gina K stamps http://www.ginakdesigns.com/Rubber_Stamps.html to make a card with an object that is "glass" or "white" or "transparent". Okay...so I made two...wasnt sure which one I should post. Truth be told,...I had been reading Marianne Walker's blog http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/ and wanted to try a few different ideas. Plus , I was so excited that Gina K was sponsoring this challenge and couldnt wait to use my new set!! The first card is pretty basic with the cb white dp and ms punch. The white flower I actually LEFT white and just shaded around it with my C1 or cool gray. The light source is coming from the right side so there is where I just shaded a little with my Y21, buttercup yellow and I also sponged a little summer sun ink pad from SU. I hand drew the shadow with a pencil of all things...dont know if that is something I would recommend tho... then the glass just has a hint of the boo, frost blue here and there along with the y21 buttercup to show a little light coming thru and a shadow. The leaves are bg93 green gray and a little yg11 mignonette. The best thing to do is to visit Marianne Walker's site because she has a TON of GREAT tutorials! Next is another flower vase from this very same set using a dp from DCWV called purple flower photo...whew...go figure! Ha! Ha! I used the same yellows for the flowers adding vo6 for the little lavender buds and e93 tearose with rv13 tender pink for the roses. The pitcher is outlined in the b00 frost blue then I dragged it a little with my blender, then used the c1 and a little y21 for the light source. I took Suzanne Dean's advice http://scrapbitz.blogspot.com/ and bought one of those white extra fine poster paint "sharpies" and put a few lines on the "glass". Suzanne ALSO has GREAT tutorials! Wow..I feel like I could be her "BFF" with her not even knowing!!! Lololol The rest of the deets would include this cool daisy punch from EK success bought at Michaels and spellbinders dies. WHEW...WHAT A LONG POST!! :)

8 comments:

Riet said...

Wowww Jane,what a beautiful card,l love the mage and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

oh wow!!!
these are amazing... wow!!!

RosesMarijke said...

Beautiful Cards!!

Jodi said...

Very pretty coloring!! Love the colors you used!
Hugs
Jodi =)

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, Jane, you've been busy. You did two of the designs, and they're both gorgeous. You did a great job coloring them. So glad you got to take the class. Fun, isn't it!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Another beautiful card. Great job!

Cheryl said...

Jane, your VASES of flowers are terrific! I also love how you used the nestabilities!
Great coloring, great cards!

Karen Mortensen said...

Wowsa, your colouring is ace! All these cards are just beautiful! xx