Thursday, February 9, 2012

How did Heather Ellis know what my dd looked like??

LOL...Let me explain...Linda at Catered Crop had a challenge to make a card with newsprint/bookprint on it.  My card was one picked and I was asked to be a "guest chef" on the CC blog.  Well, Linda emails me and tells me that we can use one of Heather Ellis's  (Pure Innocence) images.  It just made me smile since I have long thought these images look so much like my oldest daughter when she was little. :)
Here is my card....
Image #034 is making Valentines!  She is colored with copics and paper pieced.  I used scraps of dp and a new sheet from "pebbles" (bought at Archivers). 

Now here is my oldest daughter in her "pre-school" pic...she didnt like having her pic taken back then...
 LOL...See what I mean?  Okay...so to be fair and hope she wont be angry with me... better post a "growed up" pic!
Isnt she beautiful?  :)  Almost 31 yrs old... Well...this is one mom who believes in bragging...sorry to be so pathetic!  tfl!

10 comments:

Darlene said...

OH MY GOSH JANE!! This is SO adorable and it really does look like your BEAUTIFUL daughter when she was little!!
You have every right to be proud and brag ... I TOTALLY understand!!
Hope you're having a great day ... spring is almost here (yea, right!) Let's get together soon!! MISS YOU!

Linda said...

And so you should! She is beautiful. Oh and how fast they grow up.
I love Heather Ellis's images. I love that you can buy them as digital images so you can make them any size you want. Love your card with the zig zags and lace. Great card Jane.

Grace said...

Hi Jane!!! Oh wow.... it's been a long time! Sorry about that but sure glad I came today! This is just the cutest card and I love the sweet innocence images too... but you are right.. they really do look like your DD!!!! Wow and what a beautiful lady she is now!!! We are Moms! It's our right to brag!!!! So good to see you!!!
hugs,
Grace

Renkata said...

hi Jane, such a cutie pie is your card and your daughter just gorgeous.

Vicki G said...

That's not pathetic! That is SWEET and she does look like the sweet little PI girl............Love your card too!

Vicki

Unknown said...

Your daughter is so beautiful.. Then and now!! And your right that image does resemble her.. Just as cute as can be..

Hugs, Linda

Gez Butterworth said...

Love, love, love your card Jane.. and how cute is your daughter!

My little boy doesn't like his photo being taken either!

Have a great day. Gez.xx

JanR said...

Such a lovely card! I especially adore the stitching. And I have to agree with you, the digi does really look like your dd (well then not so much now ;-) ).

Vicki Chrisman said...

You are right... look a likes! What a pretty daughter you have.

The Wired Angel said...

Your card is adorable and she does look like your daughter, Jane. You have every right to brag about such a beautiful girl! After all, it's a mother's prerogative. Peggy x