Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday Post card Art

How fun would it be to start sending post cards again? :)  Love looking thru them in Vintage malls and stores.  Now that I am having fun learning and playing with art journaling so much , I decided to make a post card for the Sunday Post Card Art challenge: green.  Any medium is welcome, just use a 4x6 size.  There is some really cool stuff over there.  Here is mine:
I started by gesso-ing a 4x6 piece of cs then I used some sprays over some stencils (creative workshop/Julie Balzer designs).  I stamped "party dog" (Roc Nicholas /Stampotique) and paper pieced him.  The border is
"scalloped laced " image (same) .  I used my white uni-ball pen around the sunglasses and on the scalloped border.   Now, am I gona mail him??  Yes...not sure "to who" yet! :) lol   THIS is also for the following challenges:   "Use it Tuesday" #27= using what you hoard = BG scraps are ALL over my art room! :),  the C4C challenge blog= use greenSimon Says = "A bit O green"Daring Card Makers "lucky green",   AND  Catered Crop= use stitching (around the post card)   TFL!

16 comments:

Willy said...

Funny and beautiful, Jane!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous postcard :-) I love the arty design of this ,, fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kristin said...

Oooh, I LOVE your green for SPA! I like the way you did it in landscape form and love the layered background and scallops on the left. Bravo, xo

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jane. I would love to receive this in the post!

Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers. Gez.x

Martina said...

This is awesome...gorgeous work !

Mandy Chilvers said...

fab postcard!

Joy said...

Beautiful, love the mixed media work, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Linda said...

Oh what a wonderful work of art. I love the mix media you used. Lots of interesting textures and elements. Very cool!

roc said...

love how you used my stamps! thanks for the support. i really appreciate it!

Lorraine A said...

CONGRATULATIONS !! :-) you have just won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Chris said...

How Fun! I just saw that you won at Simon Says - Yeah you! Have a great time shopping.
xxxoooxxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers Lucky Green challenge x

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. How cool is this post card.. Very creative. I Love it!

Hugs, Linda

CarlaKH said...

ohhh love this postcard! I need to try my hand at one soon!

Tee said...

Fun Mixed Media Post Card!Hugs,Tee

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Totally cool!