Friday, February 24, 2012

A couple "odds and ends"

Happy Friday! A quickie post today... But three quickie things to share... Not sure if you have heard of the "Yesterday on Tuesday" blog...A craft Soiree, but I love to follow it! ( I am linking up) Had a bunch of church bulletins from my daughters' wedding this past New Years eve and I had to do something with them.  She has new furniture so I thought some coasters would be in order. :)
I cut them to size with glass squares from my lcs and mod podged them together.  I also mod podged them onto cork and it seems to hold fine.  However I think E600 might be more dependable on the cork but time will tell.          Below I want to share two QUICK cards I made...reason is that I am forever needing to come up with cards kind of "at the last minute" so I have my "go-to"  6x6 pads I love to pull out.  This makes my cards come together so quickly when all the papers are right in front of you . :)
 Here all the papers are from the Prima pad "Madeline" and the sentiment is a freebie from "Paper Smooches".  Cute,  along with the"quasimoto 3" image from Stampotique.  Just layered papers and some punched clouds.  Again , below I needed a sympathy card....
All the papers from the KaiserCraft "secret bird society" pad just layered on  covered 4 x 5 white cs and the verse here (my favorite bible verse) from Our Daily Bread designs. 
If you have any suggestions/secrets to share on "pulling a quick card together" I hope you will!  LOVE to hear them!  TFL! 

5 comments:

Renonda said...

What a great idea for the wedding bulletins! I think I might use that for a post wedding gift in the future!

Renonda @ Snickety Things

Vicki G said...

First card CUTE! 2nd card BEAUTIFUL~

V

Linda said...

These are gorgeous! I love the paper in the first one. It is something I haven't seen and that image is just so fun.

Unknown said...

Super cute cards my friend.. And what a great idea for coasters.. I am going to have to go check that site out!!

Hugs, Linda

Pam Sparks said...

wonderful! love your cards!