Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SDC 73 "hanging or home decor"

  As I write this post and set it to post tomorrow morn I wonder if we will know who our new president will be...This election will tell which way our country is headed MORE  then ever...two drastically different paths could be taken....I hope everyone gets out and VOTES.  I am thankful that I live in a country where I am free to do just that.....  nuff  said  :) 
Stampotique dt member Sam Read has challenged us to make some sort of hanging or home decor item this week.  This is cool since my dd has just moved into her first home. :) I picked up a canvas and collage pauged, sewed and decorated some dp on it.  I stamped "picture door"  and colored it with some copics and cut it out. I placed it on some book print type cs and sewed around it.  The dp included scraps from my lcs and some bg papers.  I made the flowers by just randomly cutting circles and sewing around them and distressing the edges with ink.  The stems and leaves were also just cut out free hand ( I like the look) and I used some letter stickers to write "Jamie's crib" on top of the door and  home on the bottom left.  The Vintage buttons are from a local antq store.


Trying to keep with not spending a fortune I found a black shadow box ( 60% off) in Michaels and the framer person took it apart , put in some of those plastic lift bars and popped in my canvas.  He then even finished the back off for me.  :)
Yay!  Finished product after glass...................

Thanks for looking ! 

13 comments:

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Very cool frame! Love this! If your daughter don't want it, I sure will ;-) XOXO

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW!!! Jane is is SO beautiful, love, love, love everything about it ♥♥

Sue said...

This is just gorgeous Jane, your daughter will love it! x

roc said...

I am really loving this!

Shahrul Niza said...

Jane, this is amazing!. LOVE the happy garden and the red brick wall. She will love it!.

Mary M. said...

This is awesome Jane! I love all the different papers. Jamie is a lucky girl?

Maria Sabina R. said...

so much going on but I really like it!!!!

Karin said...

wow this looks fantastic, im sure your daughter will love it!

Art From The heart said...

Very cool,your daughter will be delighted !
Hugs

Basement Stamper said...

Great frame, I think your daughter will love it!

Unknown said...

Your daughter is going to love this. I love the Big flowers. All the layering look wonderful my friend.

I did early voting this year. It was great. No lines, just walk right in and voted.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Fab Jane!!!!

Mieke said...

LOVE IT !!!!