Friday, April 22, 2011

Military Tags

Tiffany over at "Tiffany doodles" gave me this image set called "military tags".  It's a new set being released today over in her HUGE shop of digi stamps.  I was eyeing it up because I have a little story to tell....My dd is dating an x-marine.(.not sure if you call them "x" or not)..and a few years back he left from Columbus Oh and went to Iraq.  His group was called "Lima company" and they were hit pretty hard over there but made some major accomplishments. A & E even did a documentary about them...very enlightening.
So for my dd's birthday he bought her her own "dog tags"  ...one with the date of their first night out engraved on it and the other with a heart.  How cool is that?...I thought it was an awesome gift!  So the card..sure wish the picture was better :(
I used Copics BG000 along with some of the Cs to color around the tags.  I used a silver pen on the chain and a punched heart on one tag.  The other tag has a little silver wing on it and the pearls were cut out and hit with a little glossy accents dimensional liquid even tho this photo doesnt show it too well.  We havent had much sunshine here lately and it is STILL raining :(  I love the sentiment...sweet! Now for a pic of the happy couple at her birthday party along with grandpa..who is 94 !  We treasure every moment we get with him!
Thanks for looking and remember these young kids that fought and are still over there for us!  Happy Easter..

4 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful card Jane. What a sentiment. Your story beautiful & what a happy photograph. So special :)

Hope you have a wonderful Easter.xx

Lynn Stevens said...

What a wonderful story and great set and awesome card.
My son leaves tomorrow ,hes in the army so this really hit home.
hugs Lynn

Linda McClain said...

Ah, what a sweet, sweet story. I know we can never do or say enough to express our gratitude. Your card comes pretty dang close, though. It's lovely.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post. I just admire all the Men and Women who give up everything for US... They deserve so much more than what we give them.. Your card is awesome..

That photo is priceless..

Hugs, Linda