Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Read the News today....Ohhhhh boy....

Seems to be the new challenge theme over at Stampotique challenge blog!  Can you tell I like the Beatles?  :)  This time you can use ANY stamp AND some sort of newsprint-printed book pages etc on your project and get in the draw to win a $30.00 gift cert to the STAMPOTIQUE store.  I used one of my "favs" at STAMPOTIQUE called "dog walker # 9121" and  "Jo's flower cube #3042".  My newsprint is from an old book page and I paired it with some of the green core-inations cs from my lcs. 
Now on another note....my oldest daughter turned 30 this past weekend.....yep...and we had a party for her...
I painted her a birthday wine glass and made her a cute pink tee shirt to wear! fun!
So if THAT wasnt enough....HER younger sister then drops a bomb on us the next day...
She's ENGAGED!............  WHEW....A L O T for this "mom" to handle in one weekend...
He did ask "dad" so good for him to keep a secret till the deed was done...
So...now we have ALL  "read the news " today ....Ohhhhhhhh boy...
I may just be feeling a little  o l d e r   these days.....  :) TFL!

14 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Totally fun post Jane!

Sue said...

What a beautiful card, I love your embossing and your sewing, and your flowers are beautiful.
Congratulations on your daughters engagement - time to choose a hat:o) x

Willy said...

Wonderful card, Jane! Congrats twice!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Jane, love how you used the flowers! Congratulations on your daughters's birthday and engagement

Basement Stamper said...

super cute card, that image is darling with those flowers. Happy birthday to your daughter and Congrats to your other one!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card Jane! Love the colors and embellies! Happy Birthday to your DD, and congrats to the happy couple!

Carol said...

Great card, Jane! What a beautiful family you have too! The best to everyone!

Maria Sabina R said...

the main image is adorable! great card.

Plush Possum Studio said...

Congrats to both!
And Thank You for the Follow!
;)
Rose

Vicki G said...

Gorgeous Card! Gorgeous Daughters and hope that you've survived all the weekend's festivities!!!Hugs

Unknown said...

Hello my friend.. Looks like you had a busy weekend also.. And I definitely know what you mean by feeling older.. Hee Hee.. Happy Birthday to your Daughter and congrats to the happy couple..

You have the best looking family..

I almost forgot to say something about you wonderful card.. Another beauty.. Love that stamp..

Hugs, Linda

Gini said...

My arm is aching just looking at all those dogs pulling the lady along, I love all the textures you've squeezed into the card and those lovely flowers!
Congratulations on your daughters good news :-)
Gini
xx

Curt in Indy said...

Such joy in your household. Happy 30th to your daughter and congrats to your other for her engagement news. They are a very cute couple! Great card too, LOVE the image (what a surprise huh?) LOL Best, Curt

Gez Butterworth said...

Oh WOW!! what great news!

Love, love, love your card. Congratulations to all!