Sunday, September 6, 2009

"Santa's Reindeer" ..and a twist..a "Tara Reed" design


This is a card I made using a stamp from "Janlynn" called "Santa's Reindeer"

Even tho you can make a million cute Christmas cards with this guy I decided he looked like he could be missing someone too... I have been blessed to have my 4 children home with me every Christmas but one. My oldest (30 next month) lives in North Carolina and one year he decided he should work instead. That was one of the worst holidays I ever had. We thought it would be okay, ..he needed the money...WRONG..On Christmas day we KNEW we had figured wrong. We missed him so much and things were just not the same. Since then we have been together every Christmas. Now I know this wont always be..but for now I will appreciate it! My heart just breaks for our Military men away from their families at Christmas and I dont know how they do it. God Bless them ALL and their families. On to the card recipe! DP is Memory Box, "Dewfrost". I used a couple MS punches and colored with Copics! TFL! Check out all the new and CUTE stamps over at Janlynn! You wont be disapointed!

11 comments:

Grace said...

Jane this is just adorable! OMGoodness I love it! Love the image and the kayout... love the dp and all the punch work! Just a great card in every way!!! How blessed you've been to have all your kids home for Christmas all but once!!! That's been the hardest thing once the grandkids started coming... they don't come ON christmas any more... and it isn't the same, but you get used to it and try not to pine over it but I do know what you mean!!! Love your card Jane!!! Want my addy??? LOL!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so darling! Love the layers and that cute image!

Jessica G. said...

This little reindeer definitely made me smile! He looks so cute against your elegant DP background; the blue shadowing really makes him a stand out!!

RosesMarijke said...

What a very cute card Jane!
I love your Rudolph!!...hihihi
Please ...visit my blog to see my Lizzy....miauw....

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute! Oh I am liking all the Christmas cards that are starting to come about. :0)

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Jane... I dont want to sound wierd either.. but... I "HEART" YOU!! lol Thankyou for being such a fantastic friend!
btw..that card is SO darn cute! Remember..you have to come to NE to teach me to color with copics!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jane,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

The Wired Angel said...

Too cute Jane! And, I'm with you.. the best holiday memories are always when we are all together as a family. I just wish it could always be that way! Best, Peggy

Justine said...

So wonderful, just love all of the dimension and layering. Great job Jane

Tara Reed said...

OK... I don't need to use my stamps - you do such a great job I 'squeal' every time I see what you've done! Thank you!!!

Tara Reed
(reindeer artist)
www.TaraReedDesigns.com

Crissy Armstrong said...

Cute cute cute!! I love the colors you chose and all your fab details!