Thursday, January 24, 2013

Love theme challenge and sharing my sketches

Stampotique designers challenge is a love theme and since I am sketching and writing in my mini journal as much as possible this year...I am showing some pages for the challenge. :)
The cool thing here is that these pages were originally just "rolled off brayer" from the gelli plate!  I punched some hearts and inked around them..added a tag with me and the hubs' pic and stamped with "two sticks" and "happy happy" from Stampotique.  Easy!
I just got back from visiting family out of town and was sketching in my mini  journal ALOT...I did alot of waiting .
So.. posting  pics here sketching and doodling  from the kitchen table... I used my inktense pencils, pit pen and water...
A great way to pass the time, document my trip and play with inktense pencils-love!


Below I am just sharing a few of my FIRST sketches from school..last year..It is scary but you gotta start somewhere right?  

Just simple items from my house..yes..the "voo-doo doll" is a tooth pick holder :)
My f a v o r i t e  tea kettle...A LOT of shading..
A bottle of oil and my little wooden candle holder from New Mexico...not too thrilled with this one..
 And ofcourse the all- important paint brush jar..
The bottom line here...It is not easy putting this stuff "out there" but sometimes it helps..to get braver.  I am still practicing and hope to inspire others to show their stuff!  Thanks for looking :) 
LINKING TO....Creative Every day





8 comments:

Linda said...

Wow I love your sketches. They are wonderful and so are your pages. Really fun. I really love your work and style and play.

Basement Stamper said...

Your journal pages look wonderful! Love the colors of it.

Karin said...

wow those sketches are very good!
i'm jealous! haha. Have a nice weekend!

Shahrul Niza said...

Oh wow!!. These are stunning sketches, Jane. The shading is perfect. I too, once said I can't draw ... then I tried and couldn't stop ever since :). Hugs.

Unknown said...

Well you know I am loving your art journal pages. And I mean LOVE. And your sketches my friend are amazing.

Hugs~

Witchcrafted Life said...

Dear Jane, you are a seriously talented artist! I would never have guesses that those were some of your first sketches from school if you'd not said so. I wish I could draw a fraction as well as you (I like to joke that I can barely draw stick men - I jest, but only barely).

♥ Jessica

Juls said...

such inspirational pages and sketches! Hugs Juls

Tigger said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Your sketches are amazing!!