Sunday, April 28, 2013

doodling art for a Saturday post..

It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Saturday here and I am so thankful for it!  Spring is awesome and Summer is coming finally I think! 
Recently..I took a plane trip to see my new beautiful baby grand daughter..  :)  Sitting on the plane I was playing in my water color moleskin.  I have been trying to doodle as much as possible..
I had used these 2 pages to "roll off" some paint and stencil earlier so that was my starting point on the plane.  I used a sharpie, some inktense pencils and some Imagine Crafts *R /Tsukineko Memento dual tip markers *TM   (color combo= meadowland).   Great combination for a plane trip!  I just got the markers and this color combo is amazing!  The colors are "potter's clay", "tangelo", "rhubarb stalk" and "bamboo leaves".  
  They are so rich and vibrant!  Didnt bring my stamps so I did a little improvising in the right upper corner of Jo-Capper Sandon"s dandelion duo image :)  Not as cute for sure but hey...I am doodling remember? 




Linking to:  Art journal journey monthly= theme: landscape within me, Paint Party Friday,  Artists in Blogland
Art journal everyday/Julie Balzer designs,.

Thanks for looking! 

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

That´s AMAZING Jane!

Thank you very much for this great entry!!

froebelsternchen said...

Thank you Jane! an AMAZING entry!

Unknown said...

Wow Jane, this is drop dead gorgeous! Love these pages, can't imagine you have done this on a plain, I'm just stunned! I browsed through your blog, and just had to become a follower. I'm a newby and can use your sort of inspiration. Would love it is you would pop by on my blog. http://messymixedmediabyfrea.blogspot.nl/
Have a great Sunday evening, hugs Frea

Art From The heart said...

Beautiful and awesome Jane !
Hugs

Reflective Art Studio said...

Lovely....Darling.
xx
Sarinda

Karin said...

Wow this is stunning!

hope said...

lush, i wish my doodles looked this good!

Kay Wallace said...

Well, Jane, I immediately recognized the Dandelion Duo from Stampotique (I have it!), or, rather, I *thought* I did! I was amazed when you said you had "doodled" it from memory! Maybe you are ready to become a stamp designer, my friend!! But, I digress, back to your journal duo! I so love all those vivid colors. Although many of the areas across the two pages could strongly stand alone, in combination, they are brilliant! Kudos to the artist!!

Krisha said...

Gorgeous pages! Doodling sure helps pass the time.

Kimberly S said...

Fabulous job on your pages! I will have to look for the Memento Markers, didn't know they had them! :)

Netty said...

loving your fab pages, great doodling, Annette x

Unknown said...

cute pages! love those goldfish!

Sue said...

These are amazing Jane, and you make the whole process sound so simple lol - brilliant colours too x

Jeannette said...

WOW!!!Amazing pages,i love the colors and the fantastic doodeling in your work,love it!!!

Hugs Jeannette