Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year 2013


Happy New Year!  FYI:      Stampotique is thrilled to start off 2013 with the start of another successful year of challenges.  They will continue to do weekly challenges this year with random winners chosen on the first challenge of the month for all those that participated throughout the month.  Ofcourse I am thrilled to continue on with this FABULOUS group of designers!  :)

We bid two of our long time designers farewell in 2013, Kate Crane and Jo Capper-Sandon will be missed on our team, but we know we'll continue to see some fabulous designs from them using Stampotique.  We made the tough decision not to replace these two fantastic designers, but we do look forward to sharing 11 new guest designers with you this year.  You can see our first one, Kristen Catalano here and read more about her.

So, to kick off 2013 Stampotique is challenging you to create a Journal Cover or Page, Diary Page or Calendar page.  
I picked up a 6 x 9 watercolor spiral notebook to make a monthly journal for 2013.  I will be experimenting in it and trying to keep my art commitments lined up!  Here is the cover:
I gessoed over some newsprint from the health food store, stenciled and dripped some ink.  Stamps used: "funky striped leaves" and " funky dotted leaves" ... (stampotique)  And here are the first open pages for January..  hope to fill them in!
I used several dylusions sprays , water, stencils, acrylics and "snowy Fran" with "swirl stalks".  I made lines for notes and some journaling... below is the opposite page and I used "brrr"... = how I am feeling in January!  I just stamped her over the lines and colored her in.  The tree was totally fun..I dropped some india ink and quickly blew it into a tree :)  So cool and love the look!  I used my white uniball to make snow on the branches and a credit card to make the snow looking lines with white acrylic...

. Thanks for looking-  Wont you join us for this fun challenge?  TIME TO GET INKY! 

17 comments:

Karin said...

Gorgeous!
The best wishes for 2013!

Sam & Poppy said...

Totally awesome Jane!!!
wishing you a happy, healthy and of course crafty 2013 xx

She Reads Late Into the Night said...

Love your calendar Jane, I just started experimenting with the dylusion inks on canvas they are so much fun!
Amy Yingling
The Crafty Book Nerd

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous calendar pages! I need to really play with these dylusions sprays I bought a few months ago huh?

Sue said...

This is fabulous Jane, I can't believe you just dribbled the tree, it's amazing!!

Shahrul Niza said...

Oh, so beautiful!!. LOVE the cover, and LOVING the January page!!. I have not done mixed media for the longest time now, I have gotten the watercolor bug, you see :). Happy New Year to you!!. Hugs.

roc said...

awesome artistry jane! loving your color choices!

Kristen said...

Gorgeous pages. Love your colors

Reflective Art Studio said...

I really Like the calendar pages... I am working up to doing some...
Face the brilliance of your most wonderful creations and dwell on your dreams in 2013.
xx
Sarinda

Unknown said...

I am loving your cover and your calendar page looks awesome.

Wishing you and your family all the best in 2013..

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Wow what an absolutely stunning pages and cover Jane!!!

Bast said...

Love it! Wishing you a very Happy and Creative New Year! Thanx for sharing and for all of the inspiration!

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Linda said...

Oh gosh the colors are wonderful. I always love your pages. TFS
Happy New Year. Hugs Linda

Gez Butterworth said...

Looking great Jane. Loving your background. Best Wishes for 2013 xx

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Amazing! Love your tree! Good luck with the calendar challenge ;-) XOXO

Shannon said...

OMG, I'm new to your blog and I will be adding it to my fav list when I'm done with this comment. I absoluetly love, love, love that tree you did with the India Ink, what an ingenius idea. It's awesome and it absolutely rocks.

Ginger said...

gorgeous pages, Jane. x